IMAC provides a pool of talent, resources, equipment, and space for productions on Prince Edward Island.
The Island Media Arts Co-op is the cornerstone of the independent film and video community on PEI. The Co-op supports and sustains a variety of initiatives that stimulate artistic expression through the media arts. IMAC provides workshops, production grants, production assistance, reduced-rate equipment rentals, dissemination initiatives (festivals, screenings, etc), and community. Our facilities offer equipment for film and video production (cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment), editing suites for video and film, various other resources, and support staff.
1. To provide a space where artists can hone their skills and exchange ideas.
2. To assist media artists in their independent production efforts.
3. To pursue excellence in film, video and new media projects.
4. To serve as an information centre about festivals, publications, conferences, grants, and all matters concerned with media arts production and distribution.
5. To assist in the dissemination and presentation of works by artist members.
6. To support and encourage artists at all levels by offering workshops, providing mentors, resources, information seminars and outreach programs.
Executive Director – Renee Laprise
I’m very passionate about both film and the arts. I am a practicing artist and filmmaker myself and have been in the film and television industry as an editor for 15 years. I have been an active part of the PEI filmmaking and arts scene since I moved here 8 years ago.
My favourite thing to do is facilitate creativity. I’m looking forward to working with the IMAC membership to help build programming and present opportunities to make this happen. The intention is to become a true cooperative where we can work together to learn and grow from each other and tell our stories. IMAC is a place for filmmakers, writers, actors, artists and anyone else interested in the media arts.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are involved members of the co-op who are open to hearing ideas and suggestions from the wider membership. Click on the bios and get to know your Board of Directors!
Nils Ling – President – Bio
Millefiore Clarkes – VP – Bio
Susanne MacDonald – Treasurer – Bio
Patti Larsen – Member at Large
Laura Cieczkowski – Member at Large - Bio
Mark Sandiford – Member at Large – Bio
IMAC is currently funded through the Canada Council for the Arts. Other support comes from The National Film Board of Canada. Project funding is often granted through the PEI Department of Tourism and Culture’s Community Cultural Partnership Program, and InnovationPEI. Thanks to all our funders.