IMAC provides a pool of talent, resources, equipment, and space for productions on Prince Edward Island.
The Island Media Arts Co-op is the cornerstone of the independent film and video community on PEI. The Co-op supports and sustains a variety of initiatives that stimulate artistic expression through the media arts. IMAC provides workshops, production grants, production assistance, reduced-rate equipment rentals, dissemination initiatives (festivals, screenings, etc), and community. Our facilities offer equipment for film and video production (cameras, lighting equipment, sound equipment), editing suites for video and film, various other resources, and support staff.
1. To provide a space where artists can hone their skills and exchange ideas.
2. To assist media artists in their independent production efforts.
3. To pursue excellence in film, video and new media projects.
4. To serve as an information centre about festivals, publications, conferences, grants, and all matters concerned with media arts production and distribution.
5. To assist in the dissemination and presentation of works by artist members.
6. To support and encourage artists at all levels by offering workshops, providing mentors, resources, information seminars and outreach programs.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are involved members of the co-op who are open to hearing ideas and suggestions from the wider membership. Click on the bios and get to know your Board of Directors!
Mark Sandiford – President - Bio
Millefiore Clarkes – Vice President - Bio
Mary Helen McLeese - Secretary - Bio
Susanne MacDonald - Treasurer - Bio
Nils Ling – Member at Large - Bio
Jenna MacMillan – Member at Large – Bio
Margaret Magner – Member at Large - Bio
IMAC is currently funded through the Canada Council for the Arts. Other support comes from The National Film Board of Canada. Project funding is often granted through the PEI Department of Tourism and Culture’s Community Cultural Partnership Program, and InnovationPEI. Thanks to all our funders.